Sunday, May 31, 2009

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam

We went to a niece's baptism today and it was a very lovely experience. My sister and sister-in-law both did excellent jobs with the talks, the music was great, and it was just a very nice service. But I have to say that my favorite part was when we were singing primary songs while Sage and her grandfather were getting changed out of their wet clothes, my mom (who was chorister) was taking song requests and someone asked for "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam." There was a quick debate on whether we should include the jumping up and down on "sunbeam" a la primary singing time. It was decided, much to all of the young children's delight, that we would include jumping. The really great part was seeing the Bishop and 1st councilor, who were both sitting up front and are rather tall, jumping up and down with the song. That made me smile really big.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

My mom said it was a request from Brooke. She loves to jump! Thanks for coming, even when Josh wasn't feeling great. I hope he gets better so I can see him at school.