Monday, May 4, 2009

Home Project

Isn't it nice when you can identify a good home improvement project, have most of the needed materials already, and be able to complete it fairly quickly. I've needed a good space to hang my broom, mop, dustpan, etc., since we moved the reptiles into the laundry room and told Richard that I was looking at the space next to where the old built in ironing board was. He suggested removing the cabinet and filling in the hole so that there would be a nice big space to hang things.
Here is the view of the cabinet out and framing in.

Here is the space after the drywall and mud and taping.


And here is the finished product. I was glad to be able to find the paint stored in the garage and that we didn't make too many holes hanging the hooks. And it is soooo nice to have someplace to hang all my stuff now.





4 comments:

Jonathan said...

Looks nice!

Lynette said...

That looks awesome...nice job!

Carolyn Loveridge said...

Isn't it amazing how a relatively simple project can make life so much easier. It looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

I'm impressed as usual