Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Jessica!

A few months ago my sister was commenting on how she wanted to go to Disneyland without her children (they were fighting or driving her crazy in some other way at the time). I have a pass and Disney is doing a promotion right now where you can get in free on your birthday so I said that I would take her. My lovely sister in law Staci took care of Nathan and Joshua while Richard was at work and Jessica left her kids with Jon and we ran away to Disneyland.

Here we are for lunch at the Blue Bayou, Disneyland's best restaurant (excluding the ultra exclusive Club 33 which I'm still trying to find a connection on how to get in). Jessica had the Monte Cristo and I had the beef short ribs. Both were good, especially the the beef. We decided that the Monte Cristo was like a ham sandwich doughnut.
The rest of the time we just walked around riding what ever ride looked good and enjoying how many people wished Jessica a happy birthday. We rode all of the major rides except Splash Mountain (it was too cool and rainy) and no baby rides. Well, unless you count Buzz Light Year, but I don't.

We had a really good time. Jessica said that it was the most self indulgent birthday that she had ever had. I think that she deserved it.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

thanks for taking her!

Unknown said...

So glad that she agreed and that you had a wonderful time. I think Lee will be jealous about the Blue Bayou.