Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Baby Sister?

OK, let me preface this by saying that I'm not pregnant nor do I plan on being so any time soon. But Nathan is getting obsessed with having a baby sister. It started out that he just wanted a new baby (Joshua was getting too much of his own personality for Nathan's taste). But then one of Nathan's Sunday school classmate's mom got pregnant and they found out that they are having a girl. So then Nathan started asking when were where going to have another baby. Then he just started talking like his baby sister was assured and we were just waiting for her to come. Richard is certain that I've been putting Nathan up to it but I really haven't (I've got too much on my plate as is).
I have to admit that I haven't really discouraged Nathan either though. His newest is that he wanted to know the baby's name so I told him the name that we would have given Joshua if he had been a girl. The end of it is that Nathan is now talking about baby Roxanne and I'm afraid that all sorts of rumors are about to get started.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this would make you feel any better, but Jillian keep telling everyone that we had four babies, but one died, so now we have three. There is just something about babies, alive or otherwise, that strikes the fancy of little kids.

Anonymous said...

When Perry was tiny there was a family in our ward that had gotten pregnant while still nursing their oldest. So she had nursed through much of the pregnancy. Now, being my own curious self I wandered over and started asking her about it on activity. The next thing I knew there were rumors that Rachel was pregnant again. So, you never know what will start the rumors.