Saturday, March 21, 2009

Snow sledding, the expensive way

I am very over due with some posts that I had wanted to write. Normally I would just forget about them, but there were some pictures that I wanted to share too. So the next few posts will have happened a while ago, but I want to share them anyway. Some weekend in January (I think) we decided to take the boys sledding. This first photo is of Richard and Nathan coming down the hill. This is the first time that I have ever paid to go sledding and as a busy someone from sunny southern California, I think that is was just about worth it. We went to Big Bear, to the same place that we had gone back in September. There is an old ski resort that had been turned into a family fun center type place. During winter they have the old bunny slope covered with snow (man-made if there hasn't been enough natural) and something called a magic carpet, which is basically an outdoor moving sidewalk, that brings you up to the top of the hill. They provide the tubes to ride on and of course there are bathrooms and a snack area near by. It definitely wasn't the ward snow parties that I had growing up and I missed not coming with a big group, but it was easy and we all had a great time.
By the way, it was $25 per person, but both Nathan and Joshua were young enough that they were free with Richard and I paying.


Joshua walking around in the snow.

One of the runs. Look at all of those cars. And this is only a small part of the parking lot.

The E-ticket run.

All of us tired but happy.






3 comments:

Arnold said...

What a fun day. It looks like it was worth the money and the time.
Grandma Loveridge

Jenjenbug said...

Looks like a great time! :-D

Anonymous said...

OK, next time bring us!