Monday, March 9, 2009

Signs of a slow economy

Now you all have probably seen the commercials for Disneyland where they will let you in free on your birthday (good ploy because who goes by themselves and then also buys nothing?), but did you know that you can also pay monthly installments for a Disney pass? We decided to get Disney passes again this year (we have had them before although not for this last year). When we were talking to the lovely ticket lady, she helpfully pointed out that Disney now sells the passes on an installment plan. You just pay the price of a full ticket your first time and then they will automatically bill your credit card every month for 1/12th of what ever is left. They don't charge interest (although I didn't do the math so I'm taking their word for it) but it is definitely better than putting it all on your credit card at once. I thought it was very clever if them.
A second sign of the recession, girl scout cookies. I just bought a bunch (eight boxes, I support our school librarian's granddaughter) and although I don't think the price has gone up from last year, I am sure that there are less cookies in the thin mints. The stack of cookies in that sleeve used to be at least two inches longer. They are still yummy.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Hmm, I don't think the sleeve of thin mints has ever been long enough.

Anonymous said...

I just sent my kids to bed without scriptures after a hollering cursing fit (mine, not theirs). I think I will go to Disneyland by myself for my birthday, if only to spite them all!

Jenjenbug said...

Yes, I think I agree that the thin mints are somewhat shorter as well! That's interesting about Disneyland, we'll have to consider that if we ever decide to go that route for entertainment.