Friday, May 2, 2008

Off track



There are some really nice things about being a teacher; the most obvious being that for me, I get two months off every four months (I'm in a year around school). I'm just starting my next break and I have all sorts of plans of what I want to get done this time but I already feel like I'm behind. It's like I spend four months just trying to keep the house off of the EPA's most wanted list and then spend the next two months trying to catch up. I spent the first two days off getting the kitchen and living room into something reasonable and as of today, the laundry is at least mostly done. Richard came home a couple days ago and asked who was coming over because why else would we clean the house?
The picture is actually from a week or two ago when in an "End of the School Year" fit I felt like cooking a chocolate souffle. It turned out fairly well although it might have been a little undercooked; I'm not sure as I've never had a souffle before.

0 comments: