Friday, July 29, 2011

Pet Birds

We were working in the back yard during the summer when I was looking at the play house and trying to decide what work need to be done to keep it from falling apart. I saw some trash up in the eaves and was thinking about having one of the boys go up and grab it down when I saw something. Can you see it?



How about now?



We got a mama bird and her three eggs in our playhouse. The boys thought it was fantastic until I forbade them from climbing up there to get a closer look. They understood when I explained that I was just trying to protect the eggs as the mother might get nervous if we get too close. Also I got some good pictures with the telephoto.



We were pretty sure that this was the father as he was always hanging around near by.



A week or two later we had three baby birds up there and then a month later they were gone. The boys would go out every once in a while and check on them and then give us a report. They were nice to have around and I hope that they come back again. Although I need to work on the playhouse before they do, or we will never get it fixed up.








0 comments: