Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Summer Plans

Just got the news confirmed that we (teachers of LAUSD) are getting 5 furlough days and it was decided early enough that I'll actually be affected by it. I work on the schedule that finishes the school year first so it was debatable, when they were debating, if anything would be agreed upon in time for me and the teachers with me to actually be able to be furloughed while we are still working. We still have to vote on it, but it is very likely to pass; it's better than a 12% pay cut. So, I'll be starting my summer a week earlier, with a little less money, and I need to cut a week of instructional time out of the rest of the year. Since we just finished the state standards tests, I don't think anyone is going to care what I cut, but I'm still keeping the pig dissections.
In other summer related news, Richard bought a ticket last night for one of our nephews (Ryan) to come visit us for the summer. He only bought the ticket coming out and not the return one. I asked if this was because Ryan's mom wasn't sure how long she would be able to stand being apart from him. Richard replied that it was because Ryan's mom wasn't sure how long we would be able to stand being with him.

1 comments:

Philip said...

Eh, you guys are pros with boys. I bet I could ship my two over there and everyone would be just fine :)