Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sh, sh, snake

We have a rather large ball python that we inherited from a family in our ward (congregation). Randy and Richard were cleaning out his tank today (yeah) and I had the task of watching the snake. The poor think was rather cold and I told Nathan and Joshua this. They decided that Sal (the snake) needed a blanket so they grabbed a bunch of tissues and covered him up. Josh then wanted to make him a bed so he pulled out the piano bench and laid three tissues down on it. I then put Sal on top and Nathan and Josh covered him with more tissues. Josh wanted to add a pillow but I convinced him that Sal didn't need one. Since Sal was all tucked in, he needed a lullaby. "Hickory Dickory Dock" was first followed by "Ba, Ba Black Sheep," both favorites of Josh's. Nathan decided that the song needed a re-write and started singing "Sh, sh, sh snake. Have you any skin?" I love my kids.

Here is a picture of Nathan and Sal when Nathan was about a year old.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

WOW! do you touch that thing? LOL cute story though, but scary about the snake! haha!

Jenjenbug said...

Wow, I was looking at that picture thinking, who is that holding the snake? (Before I read that it was Nathan at a year). I love the cute things that the kids come up with! So sweet!