Thursday, November 5, 2009

Now We're Recycling!

There are several reasons that my husband thinks that I'm crazy. One of them is that for a while now I would save the recyclables from our household and then take them down to my sister's house about once a week. Although we only live a few miles away, we are in different cities. Her city has a recycling service while mine doesn't. Until now.

A few months ago, we saw a notice in the city newsletter about how the city would be starting a recycling program. And at the end of last month, we received our new recycling bin and that was when the fun started.

I have really loved having recycling. I don't have to haul it down to my sister's house (which I did try to match up with times I was going down there anyway), didn't have to find somewhere to store it until I could haul it, and I didn't have to feel guilty when my husband got tired of it and threw it away in our regular trash.

Now if you are wondering why I am so crazy, just watch "WALL-E" or reread the beginning of Genesis. Both of those sum up my reasons.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes, I like to fill up the recycle faster than the trash. I hope we start to recycle the green stuff like Cerritos does.

Jenjenbug said...

Fun pictures, good to get them while the bin is clean! Glad that you are going to have it at home now, much more convenient! I agree with Staci about the green stuff, Downey where I grew up recycles it, too. That would be great to have it in our cities, too!

By the way, my sister in TN feels guilty about not recycling, either. They would have to haul all their recycling to a center if they really wanted to do it, too.