Monday, October 11, 2010

Chopsticks

A little random but I felt like telling someone. I think that I have finally mastered chopsticks, the eating utensil, not the piano song. I told Richard but he wasn't very impressed. And considering he has been using chopsticks longer than he has lived in the U.S., I guess I can understand. We ate Asian food twice this weekend and I completed both meals with out resorting to forks once. The first meal was Chinese food with the in-laws and I realized soon into the meal that the sticks felt "right." That had only happened once before and I lost the feeling soon after I realized that I had it. The second meal was even more impressive to me because it was Vietnamese soup and the noodles were very slippery at first. But I got the hang of it and enjoyed the soup very much. I know, a little silly but it feels nice to know that I can walk into an Asian restaurant and say no thanks to the fork and spoon that they only break out for the children and the white folks.
I just realized that we have been having a lot of Asian food lately. Two weekends ago we ate Japanese food with the in-laws too. Does that mean that we are going to have Thai this weekend? Yum!

3 comments:

Philip said...

Yeah! :)
Not sure if Jen blogged about it but whenever we eat certain meals that we always use chopsticks for he will ask for "sticks" and go to the drawer to grab out his. We put the little positioners on it to help but he can do it. Show him you can do it and he'll tell you "good job" and give you a high five :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I doubt I will ever master chop sticks. I'm always too anxious to eat the food.

Grandma Loveridge

Lois Lane said...

Goo for you! Sorry, I am very much tring to catch up on my blogging world. I still have to resort to chop sticks but you have aspired me to keep trying! Yea!