Sunday, June 27, 2010

Richard's Father's Day Present

In the week before Father's Day, our camera died. Actually, it could probably be fixed, but last time a tried to get a camera fixed, they wanted to have me take it back to where I bought it and it was still rather expensive to fix. We couldn't remember where we had bought our most recent casualty, and considering the expected expense, it was actually probably better to just buy a new one. Unfortunately, Richard had wanted something else for Father's Day. Fortunately, Richard didn't mind too much about getting a camera instead (and I hadn't bought the other gift yet either).
It's not the DSLR that we had wanted for our next camera, but I think that it turned out to be better. The best thing about this camera is that it has a 26X optical zoom, which turns out to be much better for the types of pictures that we like to take. I'm pretty sure that all of these pictures were taken from at least 20 feet away. Some of them were more like 50 or 60 feet away.

Here is one of Josh jumping in the water.


A close-up of my baby.



An action shot of Ryan doing a cannonball off of the high dive. It hurt a little bit. I guess he didn't know about heights and water.


Randy taking a break from his work out.


Nathan's action shot off of the regular diving board.



I'm having way to much fun with Richard's present.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where are you doing the swimming classes? Looks like lots of fun. Isn't a good camera a wonderful toy.

Grandma L.

Valerie said...

Hello Natalie!
How are you guys?

Wow...the camera you got looks awesome. What camera is it if you don't mind me asking?
26x Optical Zoom is very impressive!