Sunday, May 2, 2010

Motherhood is a thankless job

I try, like I'm sure most of us do, to make meals that taste good and are good for you. I have a recipe for Beef and Broccoli that I really like. I've made it before and got a lukewarm reception from the boys while Richard and I really liked it. I had some leftover beef from earlier in the week and some frozen broccoli. It is a quick recipe so I figured that it would be good for tonight. Well, Josh wouldn't even touch it and Nathan and Randy just had the minimum. I can't figure it out; if I had served it in a Styrofoam container with little packets of soy sauce, they would have eaten it up. I know what I'm eating for lunch for the next week.

P.S. I know that it was kind of a boring post but I wanted to try making links and needed something to link to. Check out the recipe though; I never would have thought to use tomato soup in beef and broccoli but it really does taste good.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

truly. I do most cooking when Lee is around because he will eat anything with a good attitude. Nobody cares that they have clean underwear or socks that match. I still do. What they really care about is that I read to them and give hugs. I wonder when they will thank me for brushing their hair?

Jessica said...

I think you can buy those little styrofoam containers at Smart & Final. I wonder if Nathan could do a science experiment on psychology and taste perception next year.

mormonhermitmom said...

I stopped cooking for my kids a while ago. I cook for my husband. If he likes it enough to take to work the next day, I'm happy. The kids just have to take turns being disgusted. :)

AllAmericanGrl said...

that looks REALLY good!! I will have to check out more of that website you have on here, that looks like a fun one! :)

Jenjenbug said...

It does sound good. I think I will have to try it, thanks for the link!