Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lesser of two evils?

Last night we (Richard, Nathan, Joshua, and I) went grocery shopping at Sams Club. Like we usually do, we stopped at the food court there to eat pizza, hotdogs, and soda for dinner. I was getting the food and Richard was keeping an eye on the table and the kids. Josh is very independent these days and insisted on getting his own drink. Richard saw that he was heading for the lemmonaide so he let him. By the time that I got there though, Josh proudly told me that he had filled his cup with the tea. I checked it and it was filled with iced tea. He always tries to get the sweet fruit flavored tea ( I think because of the picture of the strawberry on the label) but I am usually able to talk him out of it. This time I had to take the cup and pour the whole thing out while saying loudly for the benifit of anyone who cared "No baby, you can't drink tea. It's not good for you." I then tried to steer him towards the orange soda or the root beer. But what did he pick? The cherry coke (I think that he has a thing for the fruit). I gave in because I was tired and felt like it would be a long night anyway. And really, since Daddy and Mama occasionaly imbibe the "hard" stuff, I couldn't really say no to it for him. I do wonder if cherry coke is really all that much better than sugared iced tea though.

3 comments:

Arnold said...

Sounds like a FHE is in order where the TRUE gospel of Coke is taught.

Carolyn Loveridge said...

It is probably about all the same difference. You might let him try the ice tea to see if he likes it. Well, maybe you should try it first to see how it tastes - if it is too good, skip it. ;o)

Jessica said...

I've searched the internet for relative caffeine content of sodas before. I can't recall what the results were, but the info can be found.